Double Gloucester cheese facts:
- Double Gloucester is a crumbly, yellow cheese.
- Double Gloucester is a hard cheese made from either pasteurized or unpasteurized milk from Old Gloucester cows.
- Double Gloucester uses full fat milk.
- Double Gloucester is aged approximately 4 month. Longer provides a nutty flavor.
- Double Gloucester participates every year in the Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling and Wake where buyers jump on the cheese to evaluate its quality and sustainability. A traditional British Ale or red like Syrah will perfectly complement a Double Gloucester.(cheese.com)
- Double Gloucester was a prized cheese and was shipped out in comparison to single Gloucester which is eaten within the county of Gloucester.