Durrus cheese facts:
- Durrus cheese is a white, semi-soft cheese originating from Ireland.
- It is made from cow milk.
- Durrus smells of hay and wet soil.
- Young durrus cheese can have an age of 10 days while old durrus cheese can have an age of five to eight weeks. Both are good to eat.
- Durrus cheese reflects upon the environment it is made in, West Cork.
- The cheese which matures well into a deeper and fuller taste, has won a number of Irish and International awards for excellence and is consistently reviewed favorably by food journalists.