Romano cheese facts:
- Romano is a grating cheese, similar to #27 Sardo
- There are several types of Romano cheese.
- Determined by the type of milk used, name of Romano cheeses may be preceded by the word Vaccino (cow’s milk), Pecorino (sheep’s milk) or Caprino (goat’s milk).
- The most well-known is Pecorino Romano it is sharp and quite tangy
- Caprino Romano made from goat’s milk has an extremely sharp taste.
- Vacchino Romano, is very mild in flavor.
- When on hot food, Romano will melt nicely but will stay in stripes.
- Pecorino Romano has a designated origin from the Italian government