#29 – Adelost
Adelost cheese facts:
- Adelost is a Swedish blue cheese made from cow’s milk.
- The blue-gray veins running throughout are a distinctive feature of the cheese.
- It has sharp, salty and tangy flavour.
- The ripening process is for two to three months.
- The cheese comes in a drum shape with a rind of pale cream, which is lightly dotted with molds.
- This variety of blue cheese is produced much like the well known Bleu d’Augverne cheese.
- Encased in a natural rind dusted with molds, Adelost cheese provides a sharp, tangy flavor that makes it excellent as an addition to salads, for snacking or for serving as a dessert cheese.
- It is categorized as a semi-soft cheese.