#6 – Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack cheese facts:
- It is derived from Monterey Jack, which was invented by the Franciscan friars of Monterey, California.
- Pepper Jack is made from cow’s milk, and has peppers, rosemary, chilies, garlic, and many other ingredients added for more flavor.
- It has a creamy-white color, and is smooth to the touch.
- Pepper Jack cheese melts extremely well, making it very useful for making sandwiches or quesadillas.
- Pepper Jack is categorized as a semi-soft cheese.
- As this cheese ages, its peppery flavor intensifies. Most are only aged for a few months.
- It is spicy but leaves a buttery taste in the mouth.